Depending upon where you live, you might be feeling the heat this week. Do what you can to reduce your costs by considering the following action items.
- Set your thermostat as high as you can tolerate. Your home doesn’t have to be “cool” to be comfortable, just better than the outdoors.
- Dress appropriately for the weather.
- Remove heavy blankets from beds.
- Close blinds and make your home as dark as possible.
- Adjust ceiling fans for the proper rotational direction for the season.
- Avoid using appliances that will heat up the house. Use an outdoor grill to cook, eat salads and sandwiches.
- Wash/dry laundry during off-peak hours.
Keeping utility bills low will help you sock away more money into your investment account. Focus on buying assets rather than immediate comfort.