October Check List
- Get that Christmas gift list drafted. Starting early with a budget means you can look for sales and be diligent about keeping costs down.
- Cook soups and stews that you can freeze in portion-sized bags to keep you warm all winter.
- Declutter your home and donate items to a local shelter.
- Drain and unhook hoses outside.
- Change thermostate programming since the nights are getting colder.
- Test your smoke/carbon monoxide detector.
- Review bank statements and credit card statements for errors.
- List household items that are running low so that you can stock up before winter settles in.
- Start tax prep now to get your papers in order and an appointment set with your preparer early in the new year.
- Exterior lighting update as the days get darker earlier.
- Flu shot! You’ll save money by staying healthy.