December Check List
- Plan out your New Year. What’s the one financial change that would make the biggest difference in your future?
- After the holidays, take stock in how you feel about the time you spent with family and friends, and how you think the exchange of presents could be changed for next year. Come up with a plan getting all your family members on board for the following year. Maybe you lower the amount you spend or limit the presents to only specific members, such as the smaller children.
- Charitable contributions made before the end of the year might be useful for your tax return. Discuss your options with your tax professional.
- HSA and IRA accounts have maximum allowable contributions each year. Make sure you are fully funding without excess, to avoid penalties.
- During down time, work on getting tax records together to be prepared for your tax appointment after the new year.
- Shopping? Make a list and stick to it.