April Check List
- Are your taxes done? If not, get on it! Like, right now.
- You have until the April deadline to make contributions to IRAs for last year. If you are on the edge with your AGI that might qualify you to deduct medical expenses, consider that IRA contribution to help meet that AGI threshold.
- If you are expecting a tax refund, earmark your windfall for investing, not spending. It’s a great way to jumpstart your accounts and dreams.
- Do you have severe spring weather in your area? Get educated on how to prepare for the worst and develop a plan with your family.
- Look at your landscape. Think about perennials you could plant rather than annuals. They will return each year and you will end up saving money.
- April is a great month to give your furnace/AC a rest. See if you can go without. Open doors and windows and enjoy the fresh air as much as possible.
- Garage sale season is upon us. Do you have too much stuff you could offer up for sale? Host a sale and see if you can get a few neighbors to join in. Add some good signs to direct traffic to your sale. Make sure you get the money into your investment account!
- Change your furnace filter. This is a monthly task that will save you money on your heating bill and your appliance will last longer.
p.s. Check out the new NDQ Guide: 500 Tips the guide that will give you actionable steps to jump start your savings and investing immediately.