May Check List
- Spring is a wonderful time to clean up your home and do a few tasks that take more time, like shampooing carpets or washing windows. What can you do to spruce up your space?
- Thinking about vacation? Start planning early and get great deals on flights and hotels.
- The year is nearing its midpoint. Are your spending and savings goals on target? Think about making an increase in your monthly contribution to your investment fund.
- When was the last time you had your vehicle serviced? Keeping oil changes on a regular schedule will keep your vehicle in top condition.
- If your benefits are on a fiscal year, make sure you get FSA and child care savings accounts reimbursements submitted on time. Don’t lose money!
- The 2015 tax season is over. Now is the time to get organized for next year. Set up a system for maintaining receipts and financial documents.
- How does your landscape look? Think about adding colorful perennials that you can enjoy for many years and avoid money-wasting annuals.
- Stand in your shower and look up. Do you see any mildew that needs to be eliminated? Prevent this buildup by using ventilator or opening a window during showers.
- Clogged gutters are a hazard to your home. Clean them out or hire someone to do the task for you.
- Change your furnace filter. This is a monthly task that will save you money on your heating bill and your appliance will last longer.
p.s. Check out the new NDQ Guide: 500 Tips the guide that will give you actionable steps to jump start your savings and investing immediately.